Agriculture - Now in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and the Northern US
Our agriculture weather forecast subscription is our primary solution for farmers. To learn more, continue reading below. If you're ready to sign up, click the subscribe button.
Agriculture weather subscriptions are now on sale for the 2020 growing season! Sign up today to begin receiving your forecast!
Weather is the most important factor in determining the success of a growing season. Farmers are affected by weather every day and knowing what's coming is important when making tough decisions. Weatherlogics specializes in providing farmers with ag-specific forecasts. We use our scientific knowledge and exceptional accuracy to provide farmers with weather information they can use to optimize their operations. We are proud of unique benefits we offer our ag clients:
Not in Ag, No Problem!
While our agriculture forecasts are mainly marketed toward farmers, the information we provide can be used by many other sectors like construction, landscaping, or even for cottagers! If you're not in agriculture and sign-up for the forecasts, you'll receive all the same forecast details described below, but for the area where you live. We can even send you the information for cottage country, just let us know!
Our agriculture subscription provides farmers with detailed and accurate weather forecasts for their region six days per week. Below we describe what's included with the service:
New App for 2020!
- App available exclusively to Weatherlogics' agriculture subscribers.
- Weather radar viewable in app.
- Current conditions (temperature, wind, humidity, and more) viewable in app.
- New graphs and tables in app.
- More weather maps available in app.
Standard service features:
- Now available in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the northern US.
- Email sent to your inbox early in the morning, six days per week.
- The forecast is given for the location of your farm, rather than by region.
- A five-day forecast for your farm.
- A general weather outlook discussing the weather pattern over the next few days.
- Email updates during the day when significant weather is occurring.
- High-resolution maps of precipitation, wind, and temperature that show high-impact weather that will be occurring in the short-term.
- A long-range outlook discussing the expected weather conditions over the next 1-3 weeks.
At Weatherlogics, producing accurate forecasts is always our top priority. We integrate the latest science, technology, and data in our forecasting process to produce the best possible results for you. As part of our commitment to accuracy, we continuously monitor the accuracy of our forecasts.
Our 2017 forecasts were compared to public forecasts across the Red River Valley in Manitoba. Our overall forecast error was 1.52 C versus 2.24 C for the public forecasts, a 32% improvement. These forecast errors were lower across all five forecast days. These statistics were calculated by comparing the average temperature across 5 weather stations in the southern Red River Valley to the forecasts. The overall error is the average of errors across all five days of the forecast.
2020 Service Area
Our agriculture forecasting service is now available in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and the Northern US. To see if you are in the coverage area, check the service area map. When you sign up for your forecast, we will use the latitude and longitude of your farm (or an exact address) to produce your forecast.
If you are located just outside the boundaries of the service area, you may contact us to see if you qualify. Some farms near the service area boundary may still be eligible.
What Farmers are Saying
"Worth every penny, they do a great job of forecasts."
"Thanks for the great service this past growing season @weatherlogics Looking forward to doing business with you next growing season"
"Just received your Christmas Card @weatherlogics. Thank-you for the top notch service and looking forward to next year! Merry Christmas!"
"Those are standup guys. Can’t wait to subscribe next spring."
"Refer three and it's free!"
Know somebody in agriculture that could benefit from our agriculture weather subscription? By sending us a referral, you can take advantage of our referral program refunds. You receive an increasing refund for each person you refer. If you refer three or more people, your subscription is free! Here are the details:
- Refer one person: $50 refund
- Refer two people: $100 refund
- Refer three or more people: Free (full refund)
How it works
Simply refer our agriculture service to your friends and send us the names of the people you have referred. If any of those people subscribe, we will send you the corresponding refund! You can send us the names of referred customers by email or through the contact page of this website.
Other Rules for 2020 Referrals
- You must already be a 2020 Weatherlogics agriculture subscriber.
- To count as a referral, the customer cannot have subscribed before.
- The referred customer(s) must sign up before August 1, 2020.
- You must send us the names of the referred customers before August 1, 2020.
- Refunds are not added. For one referral the refund is $50, for two the total refund is $100 (not $50 plus $100), and for three the total refund is the purchase price of your subscription.
- Refunds will be applied to 2020 subscriptions only.
If you have any questions, please send us a message by email or through the contact page.
Why is Weatherlogics Different?
Many people ask us what makes our weather forecasts different from everyone else. The key difference is that all our forecasts are produced by meteorologists, not computers. This has numerous benefits:
- Computer-based apps and websites update many times per day, causing the forecast to change constantly.
- Real meteorologists can take into account all available data, not just one computer simulation.
- We can communicate in real language how we expect the weather to behave, giving you confidence in our forecasts and an idea of where there may be uncertainty.
- If you have any issues, you can contact us! Customer service is our top priority.
We also have a blog post about what makes our forecasts different - check it out!
Ready to Sign Up?
Click the button to sign up for the forecast subscription today!
Other Agriculture Services
Most of our agriculture services are designed for farmers. However, we also have offerings for large agriculture companies. Some of these offerings include:
- Long-range forecasts to predict where demand for field inputs will be strongest.
- Short and medium-range forecasts for grain shippers that will show where weather-related delays may occur.
- Quality-controlled data and climate statistics to show past meteorological trends.
Our meteorologists are experts in almost any kind of weather forecasting or research problem. Please contact us if you'd like us to discuss a custom solution with you.
Have Any Questions?
Drop us a line to speak about our agriculture services today! One of our weather experts would be happy to answer your questions and discuss how our predictive weather technologies can have an immediate, positive impact on your business.