This website combines weather station data from numerous networks into one place. The data sources are the following:
- Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Development (MAFRD)
- Manitoba Sustainable Development Wildfire Program (MSDWP)
- The National Weather Service (NWS)
- Nav Canada (NC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Citizen Weather Observing Program (CWOP)
- Automatic Position Reporting System as a WX NETwork (APRSWXNET)
The weather stations from the networks listed above generally conform adhere to meteorological measurement standards (i.e. 10 m wind, 1.5 m temperature, etc). However, the NWS, ECCC, and NC stations can generally be regarded as following standards most stringently, followed by the MAFRD and MSDWF stations. The CWOP and APRSWXNET stations are reliable, but may or may not adhere to standards.
The maps show measurements in the following units:
- Temperature (red): degrees celsius.
- Dewpoint temperature (green): degrees celsius.
- Wind speed (wind barb): knots (multiply by 1.852 for km/h).
- Wind direction (wind barb): degrees.
- Pressure (black; shown if available): millibars/hectopascals.
- Rain (blue; shown if available and greater than zero): millimetres.
- Station id (black): official code, otherwise station name (see below).
The station ids shown for weather stations plotted on the maps follow official codes where available. Here are listed how different networks are identified:
- MAFRD: MXXX (where XXX are the first three letters of the station name)
- MSDWP: FXXX (where XXX are the first three letters of the station name)
- NWS: KXXX (where XXX is the official station code)
- NC: CXXX (where XXX is the official station code)
- ECCC: CXXX (where XXX is the official station code)
- CWOP: XXXXX (where XXXXX is the official alphanumeric code)
- APRSWXNET:SSXXX (where XXXXX is the official alphanumeric code)